Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 8,600 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
Associate Client Partners (ACP) work closely with colleagues in the leading and delivery of complex, custom and multi work-stream solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. This is the level for seasoned professionals capable of conversing confidently and fluidly with executive level clients on all of their business issues and harnessing the full power of the KF enterprise and our offerings to co-create effective and profitable solutions.
Skills & Experience
- The ACP – delivery focus role in Leadership & Professional Development is an expert in working with clients to create high-impact leadership development solutions. The work spans needs analysis, design and managing executive stakeholders/clients as well as facilitation of senior level programs/pilot programs and leading the KF delivery team.
- Develop profitable business with key clients through effective client relationship building, account team leadership and impactful collaboration with colleagues across the KF enterprise, including internationally.
- Set standards for and manage account team performance to manage client expectations and enhance satisfaction.
- Lead and expand existing portfolio of client relationships with senior human resources (HR) and business leaders to increase opportunities to further impact the client’s business success. Ensure project members are sufficiently enabled to meet client expectations. Lead the assessment and measurement of the impact of our work on our clients business.
- Lead opportunities that span multiple service lines and/or geographies. Seen as the key architect of strategies for business development, managing other resources to accomplish this.
- Maintain an appropriate mix of repeat and new business, proactively leveraging relationships to gain entry into new and grow existing accounts. Position KF in the marketplace through contributions to offerings/thought capital development and generating market awareness.
- Lead research, analysis and interpretation on client / sector business issues, performance, client competitor performance etc. with a view to identifying possible opportunities. Partner with colleagues and clients to develop thought leadership and/or research. Leverage insights to define, recommend and /or co-create strategic solutions for clients.
- Manages colleagues of all levels/expertise areas and from different offices/countries to deliver client work. Actively seek opportunities to support the development of colleagues through many and various means.
- Develop a strong internal brand and international network and participate as a cooperative and proactive team member.
- Possess exceptional depth and breadth across all Korn Ferry Advisory offerings, view business issues from multiple expertise angles and leverage deep expertise to offer commercial propositions and solutions that integrate across the business and involve inter-practice approaches not obvious to others.
- Continue to deepen and broaden own consulting skills, business understanding and expertise to enable an expanded viewpoint on issues impacting our clients.
- Typically a relevant higher (Master’s or Doctorate) degree plus significant (12+ years) relevant work experience in a consultancy and/or a client HR function in progressively larger and more complex/high impact client situations.
- Alternatively, significant work experience (12+ years) in a top tier professional services firm.
- Perceived as an expert in a particular business sector and an area of expertise.
- Demonstrate a strong “outside-in” orientation, driving the development of industry-specific or client-specific products and services to meet emerging business needs, leveraging practice and industry experts and in alignment with global initiatives.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.