About Organizational Strategy
Markets. Customers, People. Organization. Capabilities. Technology. They are all changing faster than ever. And businesses are transforming to keep up or keep ahead. Auto brands are selling services, not just cars. Manufacturers are selling data, not just products. Some businesses are pushing into new territories, others are merging. No sector is immune.
Korn Ferry’s Organizational Strategy team provides end to end support to organizations who want to transform their business. We help them translate their strategy into something they can operationalize, by aligning both the tangible elements of the organization - people, structure and process - and the intangible elements - motivations, relationships and culture. This enables us to anticipate and react to evolving markets, drive true behavioral and organizational change - and make it stick.
At Korn Ferry we work with leaders to first clarify their strategy, then cascade the results into an operating model, organizational structure and processes. We leverage industry-leading tools and methodologies and work collaboratively with leadership to:
- Align leaders around a shared and compelling purpose.
- Clarify the strategy so it's fit-for-purpose and can be implemented.
- Develop an operating model that manages competing priorities and ensures that everything the business does adds value to the bottom line.
- Design a detailed organizational structure that aligns with the operating model and focuses people on doing the right things.
- Develop effective governance processes that help the organization work.
Korn Ferry is an entrepreneurial, client-purposed meritocracy where inclusive, honest, knowledgeable, and high-performing colleagues can enjoy a lifetime of growth opportunities.
We expect all our employees to reflect our values of inclusion, honesty, knowledge and performance in everything they do.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a talented individual with experience delivering organizational strategy, including operating model design, detailed organizational structure design and developing effective governance processes. Associate Principals will work closely with colleagues to deliver complex and/or customized and/or multi work-stream solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. At this level, there is an expectation that individuals will contribute to winning business, generally through extension of existing work and leading key project proposals jointly with the senior team. . Individuals will lead relationships and/or projects of considerable complexity and will have the experience and expertise to engage and mobilise a client behind a particular idea or solution.
- Design or develop of solutions for clients and complete related work assignments, partly from client sites, either as part of a team or independently, delivering high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Interact with senior stakeholders, including executives, in the context of projects, helping them to translate strategic goals into effective operating models.
- Help organizations to navigate and implement organizational change and identify opportunities for improvement through assessing organizational structures using analytical tools and techniques.
- Identify, quantify and support delivery of the financial and non-financial benefits of organizational design, leading and managing large projects or complex work-streams, including developing the project plan, engaging the resources and delivering the solution.
- Involve subject matter experts and more senior resources as needed and manage their involvement in the project.
- Demonstrate ownership for assigned project, drive the project related work-packages, and guide more junior colleagues on the team during project delivery.
- Develop client network, proactively reaching out to clients and prospects to discuss issues and needs and forming productive relationships.
- Manage client relationships for smaller accounts and/or support relationship development as part of the account in order to win work.
- Develop deeper expertise in organizational design, as well as being able to discuss all Korn Ferry (KF) offerings in order to draw on appropriate practice expertise to provide business solutions, including those that may require inter-service line approaches.
- Capable of identifying opportunities for other KF practices, articulating and discussing KF solutions to represent how our unique capabilities will align with the client needs.
- Contribute to winning profitable business by conducting background research, proposal writing, pricing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients, leading sales calls/presentations in own expertise area(s). Provides sales/proposal support in major bids.
- Identify trends, collate and distribute industry research/analysis and participate in methodology development activities to contribute to internal practice development and enhance understanding of client and sector issues.
- Proactively developing internal relationships outside of team/office including other knowledge experts.
- Work with KF Advisory industry leaders to develop and customize offerings within a service line and targeted at a particular industry.
- Extend a strong internal brand and network of KF Advisory consultants and work to extend that brand into the broader KF network.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically, a relevant higher (Master’s or Doctorate) degree plus significant years’ (3-5) relevant work experience, preferably in top Tier professional services, transformation or other related role
- Is able to scope, design and deliver non-standard solutions to meet client needs. Able to lead core service line work activities with large, complex and/or important clients.
- Able to lead organizational design work-streams and understands the interrelationship of different streams of work in a larger project.
- Experience of working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and fast-paced project environments and include both senior and junior team members.
- Has developed and maintains in-depth knowledge and understanding of clients and industries, as well as current and future trends and challenges, with expertise of applying business offerings at the senior level.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Consulting skills (e.g. client relationships, commercial impact and business insights).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build excellent client relationships.
- Ability to coordinate and guide a team of 2 - 4 consultants to secure project success
- Ability to look at the bigger picture as well as have a keen eye for detail.
- Creative and resolutive approach to problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and curiosity to learn about new businesses, sector trends and solutions.
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel.
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.